Lvgx3
  • Lvgx3
  • Registered Topic Starter
6 months ago
The Colts did it twice, in '97 they tanked at 3-13 after making the playoffs the previous year & drafted peyton manning. Then, in 2011, after winning the division the previoud year, they famously tanked at 2-14 (remember "Suck for Luck"?). & drafted Andrew Luck, both were 1st overall picks, both were back in the playoffs the following year. Sadly, Jordan Love came out of college & the knocks on him were poor accuracy, especially on the long ball, & slow to read coverages. 4 years of grooming later, & nothing has changed.
dhazer
6 months ago

The Colts did it twice, in '97 they tanked at 3-13 after making the playoffs the previous year & drafted Peyton manning. Then, in 2011, after winning the division the previous year, they famously tanked at 2-14 (remember "Suck for Luck"?). & drafted Andrew Luck, both were 1st overall picks, and both were back in the playoffs the following year. Sadly, Jordan Love came out of college & the knocks on him were poor accuracy, especially on the long ball, and slow-to-read coverages. 4 years of grooming later, & nothing has changed.

Originally Posted by: Lvgx3 

Ummmm I don't want this kid his ego is huge and as you have seen he has been crashing and burning lately lol. But to be honest I would rather have the kid from UNC or even Mcarthy from Michigan. But no matter what our 1st pick needs to be an o-lineman and yes I said that lol. Also, the section I bolded in your comment is exactly what Williams is doing now. To me, he is a Jordon Love 2.0.

Looking at his stats he flourishes against far weaker teams but when it comes to big games he doesn't show up. Against ND 1 TD to 3 ints and against Utah 1 rushing TD. But the surprising stat I see is he takes a lot of sacks, in his last 4 games he has taken 17 sacks.

Actually, I find this very interesting oh the Heisman watch he dropped all the way down to #10 with McCarthy and Penix Jr topping it all, in fact he is the 9th ranked qb tied with the kid from Alabama. Now don't kill me for this but I just don't think we will ever have a black QB excel in green bay, probably the weather factor who knows but we like our big slow white boy qbs lol. So I say grab McCarthy if we have a shot but then again o-line would be nice maybe trade back a few spots and grab the top o-lineman and grab Williams in the 2nd lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 months ago
Drake Maye will be a better NFL QB.
UserPostedImage
umair_010
6 months ago
You can't really evaluate Love right now. The coaching is trash. This reminds me of the bears to be honest. Won't matter who is under center. Heck even Rodgers didn't play well last season and now we know why.
buckeyepackfan
6 months ago

The Colts did it twice, in '97 they tanked at 3-13 after making the playoffs the previous year & drafted peyton manning. Then, in 2011, after winning the division the previoud year, they famously tanked at 2-14 (remember "Suck for Luck"?). & drafted Andrew Luck, both were 1st overall picks, both were back in the playoffs the following year. Sadly, Jordan Love came out of college & the knocks on him were poor accuracy, especially on the long ball, & slow to read coverages. 4 years of grooming later, & nothing has changed.

Originally Posted by: Lvgx3 

Please post Peyton Mannings stats his 1st year .
How many wins did The Colts have Peytons rookie season?

The Colts sure as he'll didn't make the playoffs his 1st year as a starter.
Pretty bold for your 1st post in this forum.

How many SB appearances did Luck have?

How many wins did Aaron Rodgers have His 1st year as a starter ?

He took over a team that had been to The NFC Championship game the year before.

I'll wait for your answers to my questions.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
6 months ago

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

UserPostedImage
I'm just trying to win a game

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 months ago

Please post Peyton Mannings stats his 1st year .
How many wins did The Colts have Peytons rookie season?

Pretty bold for your 1st post in this forum.

How many SB appearances did Luck have?

How many wins did Aaron Rodgers have His 1st year as a starter ?

He took over a team that had been to The NFC Championship game the year before.

I'll wait for your answers to my questions.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Whoa, whoa, calm down there little buckeye.

You know the stats. Share them and educate the newcomer with some information! Maybe you can bring a different perspective to them? 🤷
UserPostedImage
beast
6 months ago

Ummmm I don't want this kid his ego is huge and as you have seen he has been crashing and burning lately lol. But to be honest I would rather have the kid from UNC or even Mcarthy from Michigan. But no matter what our 1st pick needs to be an o-lineman and yes I said that lol. Also, the section I bolded in your comment is exactly what Williams is doing now. To me, he is a Jordon Love 2.0.

Looking at his stats he flourishes against far weaker teams but when it comes to big games he doesn't show up. Against ND 1 TD to 3 ints and against Utah 1 rushing TD. But the surprising stat I see is he takes a lot of sacks, in his last 4 games he has taken 17 sacks.

Actually, I find this very interesting oh the Heisman watch he dropped all the way down to #10 with McCarthy and Penix Jr topping it all, in fact he is the 9th ranked qb tied with the kid from Alabama. Now don't kill me for this but I just don't think we will ever have a black QB excel in green bay, probably the weather factor who knows but we like our big slow white boy qbs lol. So I say grab McCarthy if we have a shot but then again o-line would be nice maybe trade back a few spots and grab the top o-lineman and grab Williams in the 2nd lol

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Yes absolutely, the OL needs improving no matter whom is in the backfield.

Also, I haven't looked into draft QBs much, but I find it interesting that the Pac-12 has so many darn highly rated QBs in this draft.

That's made me wonder if the QBs are good, or if the Pac-12 coverage is just horrible making the many QBs look good.

I don't have the answer.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 months ago

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I think Caleb has the game that accels in college. I'm not seeing much that encourages me he'll have equal or better success in the NFL.

Drake Maye on the other hand. I'm higher on him.

I was also higher on Stroud than Young, and Richardson than Levis so hell do I know.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
6 months ago

You can't really evaluate Love right now. The coaching is trash. This reminds me of the bears to be honest. Won't matter who is under center. Heck even Rodgers didn't play well last season and now we know why.

Originally Posted by: umair_010 

Ummmm Rodgers was back to back MVPs under MLF wasn't he?

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (1h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.